Making changes in our lives is not easy – even when it is a life or death decision. In Episode 02, Jacqueline shares her story of addiction and her path towards a healthy life and 33 years of sobriety.
Jacqueline shared her story for STRETCH after a brief explanation from me about the podcast. This episode was the first I completed, and it felt like the ease of which she explains her struggles translated easily to the format I wanted to create. This episode was the first I shared with friends as I explained STRETCH and its premise, and I’ve received great feedback from listeners about how they could translate her story to challenges in their lives.
In this episode Jacqueline and I share:
• How an addiction can start
• The self-destruction addiction can lead to
• Jacquelyn’s path from counselors to state run rehab
• Learning to prepare for change
• A spiritual awakening to live
• How purpose is the ultimate motivator
• The process of relearning behaviors and building healthy habits
I would love to hear your thoughts about the episode and how it relates to your life and areas where you’d like to STRETCH. You can leave me a message here by voice, in the comment section below or PM me on Instagram.
You can find this episode on your favorite podcasting app by searching STRETCH and in iTunes. Be sure to subscribe, rate and review STRETCH to help us gain visibility as we share our stories with each other.